INSURANCE ACCOUNT HANDLER – EDENBRIDGE – SALARY: NEGOTIABLE + BENEFITS
We are interested in hearing from applicants interested in applying for this new role for Insurance Account Handler – Edenbridge. It will provide a rewarding and progressive step in your insurance career.
As an Insurance Account Handler you will join our Protek operation based in our Edenbridge Office. Protek underwrites construction insurance and new home warranty and the role will involve handling direct and wholesale business enquires ranging from a consumer to a multimillion pound developing organisation. This will include processing of applications, dealing with customer enquires over the telephone, analysing and underwriting risks, producing quotations and policy documentation, registration renewal processing and reporting. You will be expected to attend national tradeshows and handle customer sales, referrals and support. The successful candidate is likely to be seeking a progressive role which also provides professional learning development through CII qualification. Full training and support will be provided.
THE CANDIDATE MUST BE ABLE TO DEMONSTRATE THE FOLLOWING:
- 5 GCSEs or equivalent with strong results (Grade B or above) in Maths and English
- One year’s previous experience working as an insurance technician or junior account handler within the insurance industry.
- An ability to work independently to deadlines and to support other members of their team to achieve common goals. Progression will likely lead to running a small dedicated team.
- Excellent written and verbal skills. Previous experience of drafting out client related documentation is desirable but not essential.
- Computer literate, ideally with working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Strong attention to detail and an ability to produce accurate work under pressure.
- You will have an interest in business administration and have an aptitude for figures. This is an ideal opportunity for a confident, personable and hard working individual to work in a great team whilst gaining valuable experience to progress your insurance career.
- Construction experience is desirable – but not essential.
Protek is a trading style of Lloyd’s Insurance Broker, Lucas Fettes & Partners. We are an established structural warranty and construction insurance provider, underwriting on behalf of ‘A’ rated insurers. We provide insurance solutions for new build and conversion developments with an emphasis on providing excellent customer service.
- Structured training programme, including professional qualifications.
- Real opportunity to progress on completion of training and development milestones.
- Annual holiday entitlement 4 weeks plus bank holidays.
- Opportunity to join our auto enrolment pension scheme.
- Opportunity to join our death in service scheme.
START DATE: ASAP JANUARY 2018
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with a CV, accompanying letter and salary expectations.